Are you gifted administratively? Do you want to use your gift to help impact the lives of youth, young adults, and university students around the world for Christ? Consider joining our volunteer team!
Ignite is looking for a qualified individual to join our volunteer team as an Administrative Assistant.
- Prepare regular Ignite mailings and email newsletters
- Maintain and organize Ignite contact lists
- Assist with the coordination of Ignite events:
- Retreats: process registrations/payments, send out schedule/retreat details, coordinate food donations, update retreat book
- Mission Trips: process fundraising updates, update trip handbook, send out meeting reminders
- Manage Ignite activity calendar
- Prepare and edit content and correspondence for Ignite website, news updates, and mailings
- Schedule posts for Ignite social media accounts
- Expert in MS Office Programs: Word, Powerpoint, Excel
- Computer / Technology proficient
- Leadership qualities
- Strong detail and task focus
- Servant’s heart
- Ascribe to the vision and mission of Ignite
This volunteer position will require 5-10 hours of work per week.
Interaction with Others:
The Administrative Assistant will work closely with the Executive Director, Ignite Board, Leadership Coaches, Mission Team Leaders, and Ignite Partners. The Administrative Assistant must demonstrate a heart for ministry (serving others) and reflect a lifestyle consistent with the Ignite leadership covenant.
Volunteering in Ignite:
The Administrative Assistant is a volunteer position with Ignite and, therefore, does not include compensation. Volunteers are the back-bone of our ministry, and are held to the same level of accountability and honor as our paid staff. The person to fill this role will be considered part of the Ignite leadership team, and be required to fill out a leadership covenant and be accountable to our leadership standards.
All paid staff opportunities are self-supported ministry positions; Ignite is staffed by people who raise their own personal financial support. Should you desire to come on paid staff with Ignite, we will assist you in raising personal financial support.
Join our Team:
Interested in joining our volunteer team? Please send your resume to:
Ignite Student Ministries
1007 E. Boston Ave
Monmouth, IL 61462
or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.